Did you know that unintentional injury is the number one killer of children ages 1-14 in the United States? Shocking, I know.
As parents, we must realize that accidents will happen, but by using these simple tips, you can ensure they will not happen nearly as often. And always remember that personal attention is still the best defense.
10 Tips for a Baby Safe Home
- Bolt (or remove) tall and unstable furniture to the floor or wall
- Use cordless blinds or keep cords safely out of reach
- Consider babyproofing doors that could pinch fingers
- Make sure pet litter boxes are not accessible
- Watch for sharp corners and add bumper guards where necessary
- Use gates around stairs, but never use pressure-mounted gates at the top of the stairs
- Secure cupboard doors/drawers that contain cleaning supplies, toxic chemicals, sharp objects, and heavy cans/glass jars.
- Plants are healthy and beautiful, but be sure to remove poisonous varieties
- Make sure magnets are not accessible
- Keep baby monitors out of the crib
Don’t have time to child proof your home?
The Soft Landing offers in home, one-on-one childproofing consultation and installation for parents in Kansas City, including Overland Park, Olathe, Leawood, Shawnee, Mission, Lenexa and surrounding areas. The Soft Landing team is fully insured, Home Hazard Certified, and members of the International Association for Child Safety.
Along with many additional services, we offer an initial and written assessment of the area to be proofed for $99. During this assessment, we will walk through area to be proofed, giving verbal feedback regarding areas of danger in your home.
After the walk through, you have the opportunity to receive a written assessment with suggested changes and links to highly rated childproofing products needed for your particular circumstances. From there you can choose to upgrade to our Premium Safe Baby Package (assessment, products and installation) where we do everything so you don’t have to. Installation of all baby proofing gear by a trust-worthy, trained, veteran of home building.
We also specialize in safe and natural options for parents who are interested in reducing chemical exposure for their children. We go above and beyond in our effort to help you navigate the endless rows of baby safety products to choose top notch products made from the least toxic materials.
Contact Joanie Whitman at 913.317.6468 or by email at email@example.com for more information.
[button link="http://guide.thesoftlanding.com/contact/"]Schedule an Appointment[/button]